OLACEFS and the OLACEFS-German Cooperation Regional Project for the Strengthening of External Financial Control for the Effective Prevention and Fight against Corruption, invite OLACEFS bodies, its full member SAIs, and subregional groups (EFSUR and OCCEFS) to participate in the 2022 Call for anti-corruption initiatives to be supported by the Project starting in 2023.
This Second Regional Project Call seeks to contribute to strengthening the role of Latin American and Caribbean SAIs in national anti-corruption systems – including in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic – in the priority areas described below.
|First priority||Second Priority|
|Digital tools||Coordinated audit|
|Pilot Projects||Institutional anti-corruption plans|
The selection process of the initiatives will involve four phases following the schedule included in the Second Call document, which is summarized below:
- Phase 1 “Submission of proposals:” Applicants are responsible for filling in the Concept Note available here, until October 12, 2022.
- Phase 2 “Development of the proposal:” Performed by the proponents with the accompaniment of the Executive Committee, until November 23, 2022.
- Phase 3 “Evaluation of the proposal:” The Executive Committee is responsible, which will evaluate and approve the initiatives presented and define the corresponding budgetary allocations.
- Phase 4 “Implementation and monitoring of the initiative:” The SAIs and OLACEFS bodies with accepted initiatives are responsible, starting from 2023. This phase includes activities of accountability to the Executive Committee during the months of April, August, and December 2023 (format and dates to be disclosed).
To resolve doubts about the Call, the OLACEFS-GIZ Project Executive Committee will offer a clarification session (with subsequent sending of recording) on September 28 (schedule to be confirmed). To register for the session, please write to the OLACEFS-GIZ Project Executive Committee.
More information on priority areas, deadlines, evaluation, and selection processes, among other issues, is available in the following documents:
- Second Call for Anti-Corruption Initiatives
- Annex 1 – General Information of the Project and the OLACEFS-GIZ Calls
- Annex 2 – Application form for initiatives
The first call was published in 2021 and is available at: https://olacefs.com/el-comite-ejecutivo-del-proyecto-anticorrupcion-olacefs-giz-abre-la-convocatoria-2021-para-la-presentacion-de-iniciativas/